CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
1. Delegates wishing to present an oral (paper, symposium, workshop), video or poster presentation are invited to submit an abstract for consideration and inclusion in the academic programme. No late abstracts will be accepted. Abstrats must be in English!
2. Abstracts must be submitted online: Click Here
Abstract Site Instructions:
1. Register to create an account
2. Complete the Profile and Biography
3. Log out of the system and log back in.
4. Go to "My Abstracts" and submit your abstract
5. Check that your abstract has been uploaded properly by
signing out and logging back in.
3. The Scientific Programme Committee reserves the right to select abstracts.
4. Abstracts received will be acknowledged and notification of acceptance or rejection will be by email by 30 April 2014.
5. The meeting rooms are equipped with data projectors and only MS PowerPoint will be accepted.
6. All research presentations must have Ethics approval.
7. Conflict of Interest: If the research is funded (partially or fully) by a proprietary organisation, a statement to that effect must be included at the bottom of the abstract.
8. Please note that no more than three submissions will be allowed per presenter due to possible programme limitations.
9. Please read the submission requirements carefully as abstracts submitted will not be changed later.
10. All presenting authors are requested to fully register for the congress by 15 June 2014. If no registration and payment for the 2014 IACAPAP Congress has been received by this deadline, the presentation will not be listed in the programme. This measure has been taken to overcome any “no-shows” disrupting the programme.
Poster Exhibition Presentation
The poster panels will be no larger than 120cm high and 75cm wide (portrait style). Please be aware that there is no space for excessive sizes. Poster exhibitors are advised to make several copies for placement next to the poster. Special A4 plastic sleeves will be provided at the poster boards for the poster copy and for business cards. Poster adhesive will be supplied for each poster. Posters will be displayed for the duration of the congress. Poster exhibitors to be present at their posters during predetermined times as per the programme; times to be advised prior to the congress.
Please note the following deadline dates for presenters:
9 March 2014 - Central African Time (Deadline Extended)
Closing date for all abstracts
15 April 2014
Feedback in terms of whether your submission has been accepted for inclusion in the 2014 Congress
15 June 2014
Registration and payment of registration fees to have been received by the Congress Management
11 - 15 August 2014
2014 IACAPAP Congress
Profile: The presenting author should create and complete the online submission and not a co-author. The biography is compulsory as the chairperson will use this to introduce each speaker.
Category: Select the category you wish to submit your abstract under: -
GENERAL CHILD AND ADOLESCENT MENTAL HEALTH (GCAMH)
- Promotion and Prevention
- Advocacy and Human Rights
- Economics and Finance
- Epidemiology and Public CAMH
- CAMH in under-resourced settings
- Social Determinants of CAMH
- Infant, child and adolescent developmental issues
- Media and the internet
- Intellectual Disability
- Theoretical concepts
- The Brain and Behaviour
- Spirituality and Philosophy
- Intersectoral collaboration
- Professional – Carer/Consumer collaboration
- Training programmes
- Research Issues
PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS AND CONDITIONS (PDC)
- Psychiatric Classification and Diagnostic issues
- Infant and Perinatal Psychiatry
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Conduct and Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Attachment Disorders
- Mood disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Eating and feeding disorders
- Psychotic disorders
- Substance-related and addictive disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Parent-child relational problems
- Child abuse and neglect
- Forensic Psychiatry
- HIV and AIDS
- Effects of violence, disasters, civil conflicts and migration
- Medically unexplained symptoms
- Psychiatric disorders and General Medical Conditions
- Other disorders and conditions
TREATMENT AND CARE (TC)
- Innovative Assessment and Intervention Programmes
- Systems of Care
- Levels of care
- Day programs
- Other psychosocial treatment modalities
- Sensory Integration
- Other physical treatments
- School mental health services
- Services in other sectors
Title: Insert the full title of the proposed presentation. Title should not exceed 15 words.
Co-authors: Insert full names and contact information.
Co-presenters: Please select this function if another author will be co-presenting the paper with you at the conference.
Text: Insert the text of the abstract. Abstracts should not exceed 300 words. You will not be able to type additional words once the limit has been reached, so please check your abstract once submitted. Do not insert the title or co-authors in this text block. Check that special characters have copied correctly. Check that the full abstract has been successfully uploaded by logging out and logging in to your profile again. For all studies, the text of the abstract should briefly state: Objectives; Methodology: Results; Conclusions: a maximum of 2 references. The presenter needs to be the first listed author on the abstract. A maximum of 4 co-authors is permitted on the abstract. Abstracts must be submitted in English.
Symposia: will be allocated 90 minutes each and must include three or four presentations on a related topic. A separate abstract must be submitted by the presenter of each paper, in addition to an abstract submitted by the symposium organiser which describes the overall content of the symposium and lists each presenter’s name and the title of their paper. If more than one symposium is organised, up to a maximum of three, the organiser needs to submit a separate abstract for each symposium, numbering them 1, 2 or 3. To view the guideline: Click Here
Workshops: are designed to impart a particular body of knowledge or set of skills through interactive audience participation, to a maximum of three workshops for the same audience. Workshops will be allocated 90 minutes each, and a separate abstract should be submitted for each workshop.
Free Papers: will generally be allocated 20 minutes each, including discussion time.
Video Presentations: the duration must be specified in the abstract submission, with the maximum duration of the whole session being 90 minutes.